[Pmwiki-users] action=show-tools (was Re: restore problem)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Feb 11 08:47:12 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:23:09PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > If none of the above works for you, let me know and we'll try something
> > else.
>
> For people with "poor" access to their server, maybe it'd be useful if
> there was some action that printed the result of things like:
>
> 	which patch
> 	locate patch
>
> (the commands would be executed from within a php-script of course).

Excellent idea.  In 0.6.1 or thereabouts I'm planning to include
something similar to this in an installation/setup script.  The idea is
that the first time a user runs pmwiki.php, it activates the setup
script and walks the admin through all of the steps that need to be
performed to configure the wiki, including providing an initial
local.php file with locations to the diff/patch executables,
$EnablePathInfo settings, etc.

Eventually I'm also hoping to expand the diag.php script to provide
additional diagnostics and tests for troubleshooting PmWiki sites--but
that's sometime in the future.  Finding the locations of diff/patch
are excellent candidates for the improved diagnostics.