[Pmwiki-users] action=show-tools (was Re: restore problem)

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Feb 11 12:02:28 CST 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:23:09PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >
> > > If none of the above works for you, let me know and we'll try something
> > > else.
> >
> > For people with "poor" access to their server, maybe it'd be useful if
> > there was some action that printed the result of things like:
> >
> > 	which patch
> > 	locate patch
> >
> > (the commands would be executed from within a php-script of course).
>
> Excellent idea.  In 0.6.1 or thereabouts I'm planning to include
> something similar to this in an installation/setup script.

Would the interface to the script be through a browser or through command
line? (I'm guessing the browser, but I'd like to check)

> The idea is that the first time a user runs pmwiki.php, it activates the
> setup script and walks the admin through all of the steps that need to
> be performed to configure the wiki, including providing an initial
> local.php file with locations to the diff/patch executables,
> $EnablePathInfo settings, etc.

A good idea (although I think it should be called config.php :-)

> Eventually I'm also hoping to expand the diag.php script to provide
> additional diagnostics and tests for troubleshooting PmWiki sites--but
> that's sometime in the future.  Finding the locations of diff/patch
> are excellent candidates for the improved diagnostics.

Definitely.

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr