[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Call for Template Simplicity

Christian Ridderström chr
Fri Feb 13 03:50:08 CST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Steven Leite wrote:

> Re:  Moving sample-local.php to the local directory
>
> I think originally Christian may have been thinking the test file is called
> "local.php", hence his objection.  I think placing the sample.local.php in
> the local directory is fine.

My main concern is that I want to be *sure* that everything in local/
stays the way it is when I upgrade pmwiki.

I therefore don't want the pmwiki.tar.gz file to extract anything to
local/, in case I've created a file there that get's overwritten.

As it is, I'm actually a bit concerned about local/.htaccess, since any
changes I make to that file will be overwritten by an upgrade. OTOH, it's
very convenient that that particular file does get created.

Similarly, I don't want to risk that pmwiki's initialization process to
create or overwrite any files in local/. (Although it's slightly better in
this case, since the initialization could detect that a file already
exists and ask me if I want to overwrite it).

/Christian