[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Call for Template Simplicity

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Feb 13 10:03:03 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:49:54AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> > I think originally Christian may have been thinking the test file is called
> > "local.php", hence his objection.  I think placing the sample.local.php in
> > the local directory is fine.
>
> My main concern is that I want to be *sure* that everything in local/
> stays the way it is when I upgrade pmwiki.

Agreed, that's the explicit purpose of local/.

> I therefore don't want the pmwiki.tar.gz file to extract anything to
> local/, in case I've created a file there that get's overwritten.
> As it is, I'm actually a bit concerned about local/.htaccess, since any
> changes I make to that file will be overwritten by an upgrade. OTOH, it's
> very convenient that that particular file does get created.

It's very important that that file gets created, because otherwise
the scripts and cookbook modules that get placed in that directory
can be executed without going through pmwiki.php.  And if you really
want to protect a modified copy of .htaccess, changing it to read-only
ought to work.