[Pmwiki-users] Re: Local.php has been changed to config.php, what about local.css?

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue Feb 17 15:10:55 CST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 08:11:02AM +1100, Richard Canning wrote:
>
> > However from what I can see local.css is still the file to use, as
> > when I changed it to config.css the style sheets stopped working (beta15).
> > Is this going to be changed for consistency?
>
> Probably not--in this case the .css file contains the local, site-wide
> stylesheet settings (which isn't really "configuration").  There's a very
> good argument that they should be consistent, but I think the current
> naming convention will be easier for new site administrators to follow.

I've started to think about the CSS-files as follows:

There are three categories of CSS-files:
* stdlayout.css - Provides a minimum of necessary style definitions that
  are needed for proper functionality.

* $PageSkin.css - sets the appearance of the site, e.g. pmwiki.css comes
  with the pmwiki distribution, others come from the cookbook.

* local.css - Instead of modififying a downloaded "skin", you do local
  style changes in this file.

Patrick, maybe you can comment on this?

/Christian