[Pmwiki-users] Re: Local.php has been changed to config.php, what about local.css?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 17 18:39:01 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:10:44PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> I've started to think about the CSS-files as follows:
> There are three categories of CSS-files:
> * stdlayout.css - Provides a minimum of necessary style definitions that
>   are needed for proper functionality.
> * $PageSkin.css - sets the appearance of the site, e.g. pmwiki.css comes
>   with the pmwiki distribution, others come from the cookbook.
> * local.css - Instead of modififying a downloaded "skin", you do local
>   style changes in this file.

This is quite accurate.  Also, on a site such as pmichaud.com where
there may be many active skins, local.css is used for stylesheet
definitions that are common across skins.  This is so that I don't
modify stdlayout.css or have to put them in every skin.