[Pmwiki-users] robots

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Jan 11 15:17:25 CST 2004

We are using something similar with meta tags.

A bit of background -- we developed a script for a client that turns
a [[$Publish]]-ed page into a pdf, using xhtml -> latex -> pdf.

It sets default values for things like headers, footers and the title page.

We needed a way for an author to override the defaults and the current
approach is to use meta tags.

For example, an author writes in the wiki page:

=pdf2you title='The Title' duplex=off watermark=draft

This turns into

which the converter then processes. We wanted something where the author
could specify all the settings in one statement, hence use of the '=pdf2you'
start of line markup.
--
JR
--

On Sunday, 11 January 2004 4:58 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 04:41:31PM +0100, bram brambring (zonnet) wrote:

> An option could be to have the refresh tag as part of [[redirect: ]], and
> leave the http-equiv for what it is. I can not think of http-equiv I would
> like to have an a per page bases. Tags I use on a per page base are:
> keywords, description and robots.

This is useful to know.  Another approach to the meta tag problem
instead of allowing arbitrary metatags would be to have directives like
[[keywords: ]], [[description:]], and [[robots:]].

However, keep in mind that there's also been some low-volume discussion about
entering page descriptions using a "=desc" markup, so another approach
might be to use
   =keywords
   =desc
   =robots