Something for the pile of ideas (was Re: [Pmwiki-users] CSS ...)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 16 16:34:49 CST 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:23:08AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > Sure, easy to do...done.  (Added two statements to Kallisti.php,
> > see http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta/pmwiki.php/Kallisti/HomePage.)
>
> For people who are just starting a new wiki site, it might be a nice if
> you kept some of these "demo" pages around. They nicely illustrate
> different appearances/effects you can achieve using pmwiki. Icing on the
> cake would of course be to be able to download the corresponding
> local.php.

Indeed, this has been on my "to-do" list for some time...to create
some example "demo" configurations that people can download,
install, and modify to see how they're done.  I hadn't done it prior
to now because I knew I would probably be changing the core layout
strategy and the directory structure in a way that would make it easier
to provide skins.

In fact, at http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta you'll note that PmWiki 0.6
now has "pub" and "pub/css" directories where administrators (and
cookbook recipe authors) can place files such as graphics and/or
stylesheets that must be accessible by web browsers.  I opened up
local/ on the beta site so that people can see the .php config files,
but this shouldn't be done in a normal installation unless you're
really certain someone can't accidentally execute the .php files
instead of just viewing them.