[Pmwiki-users] Tag suggestion: Acronym

Eike Decker eike
Mon Jan 26 07:49:39 CST 2004

Good morning

This is an idea suggestion
I've just edited my webpage and I often use Wikiwords to describe special words
to the user, so if I use a word that needs explanation I create a new wikipage.
Well, But some descriptions are quite short, so I remembered that there was a
special tag about these words, to describe them if the user moves the mouse
over the element - acronyms.
So, if the user don't know what a word mean he don't have to open a new webpage,
instead he's only pointing with the mouse cursor at it - which is a nice idea I
think. So, maybe this is somewhat usefull in a wiki - if yes, there would be a
syntax needed to type the word and the description associated with it - for
example {{HTML | Hypertext Meta Language - represents information in a linked
way}}.
It's only a small feature, but I think it could be quite helpfull...
An example webpage that shows this feature:
http://webdesign.about.com/library/tags/bltags-acronym.htm

-eike