[Pmwiki-users] Q: separate cgi-bin and html forlders

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Jan 26 13:26:54 CST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 02:03:35AM -0600, Alexander Babanov wrote:

> I added include_once("scripts/sessionauth.php"); line to local.php as
> you suggested. Now, when I click "Edit", I get an authentication prompt.
> So far so good. I edit the page, click "Preview" and get another
> authentication form. Weird, but I get weirder things than this free in
> my breakfast cereal[1] Now, I enter the password again and, wadda you
> know, here comes the original page with no changes recorded. Bummer ;-D

Oh, how long did you spend editing text in the Edit page?  Sessionauth.php
has this nasty problem that it tends to "forget" the password after about
24 minutes of not hearing from the browser, depending on PHP's
session.gc_maxlifetime parameter (you can determine this from phpinfo).
And the edits get lost when the browser re-authenticates.

I'll see about fixing this in sessionauth.php, but in the meantime a
useful fix is to add
   ini_set("session.gc_maxlifetime","3600");
to local.php, which should give you a full hour between browser requests
before the authentication information is forgotten.