[Pmwiki-users] RE: Test of page drafts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Jul 20 19:45:43 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 07:21:58PM -0400, Kass Lloyd wrote:

> I agree on icons, maybe in PmWiki 2.0 we can have icons as an optional
> feature you can turn on or off, or just a different theme/skin that
> has icons. Since 2.0 is a major rewrite having the theme/skin control
> how links are made, their text or images optionally.

Even in PmWiki 1.0 icons are an optional feature that can be turned
on or off.  It's just that the PmWiki distribution doesn't make any
pretenses about supplying appropriate icons, under the assumption that
it's more appropriate to let skins authors choose appropriate icons.
To change links to use icons, one simply sets new values for
$WikiPageCreateFmt, $WikiPageExistsFmt, $UrlLinkFmt, etc.