[Pmwiki-users] More anti-spam ideas

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Jun 7 16:18:50 CDT 2004

Thanks for this additional topic--it gave me a simple idea.

On pmwiki.org I've set up my WikiSandbox so that it's automatically
cleared ten minutes after the latest post.  It's a simple
modification to config.php:

  clearstatcache();
  if (file_exists('wiki.d/Main.WikiSandbox') &&
      $Now-filemtime('wiki.d/Main.WikiSandbox')>600)
    @unlink('wiki.d/Main.WikiSandbox');

This causes the WikiSandbox to revert back to the version stored
in wikilib.d.  I've also modified my default sandbox text in wikilib.d
to let authors know that the pages are automatically cleared after ten
minutes.

I also set $MetaRobots='noindex,nofollow'; in local/Main.WikiSandbox.php.

So far this seems to have discouraged the spammers.

Pm

P.S.:  If you want to change your default version of a page in wikilib.d/,
an easy way to do it is:
  1.  delete the page (using the "delete" keyword) to restore the
      default text and clear the page history
  2.  edit the page to contain your new desired text
  3.  copy the page file from wiki.d into wikilib.d