[Pmwiki-users] inching slowly towards user-based authorization

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jun 16 11:54:15 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 12:35:14PM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:03:57AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> Sure but please don't keyword "everyone".  Perhaps use * instead:
> [...]
> Or maybe even the emptry string, but that makes everything look odd to
> me. Or if you think "*" too unfriendly, perhaps "ALL" instead.

Definitely not empty string.  'All' is a possibility.

> > As a follow-up step we could see about adding groups of users; e.g.,
> > "author:@editors" (or perhaps just "author:editors") would allow
> > access to anyone in the "editors" group, where this group is defined
> > somewhere else--probably in Profiles/Editors.
>
> This sounds interesting but vague. [...]

It's intentially vague--it's a "follow-up step"...something to come
after this one.  :-)

> And why is it editors instead of Editors?

Author names are likely to be case insensitive for this.  In general, page
names may become case insensitive, or at least provide that as an option.