[Pmwiki-users] File Uploads (Question, plus Suggestion)

Steven Leite steven_leite
Thu Mar 18 04:53:44 CST 2004

Question:  There was some discussion of attaching files to pages instead of groups.  What came of that?  I'd like to be able to bulk upload files in a folder, but I don't want 1000 files showing up in the [$Attachlist] directive.  I'd like to see the [$Attachlist] directive work only for the current page (assuming we could put those files in a folder specifically for that page).

Suggestion:  I'd also like to see the upload function work so that users can specify (to a limit) a directory of files instead of having to upload files.  Reason is, I keep a photogallery of sorts, and I usually bulk-upload 50 images at a time.  I have to use my ftp program instead of PmWiki for obvious reasons.

You can see the reason for my initial question about PageAttachments .. as if I have a Group called Photogallery, and a WikiPage for each "album" .. when I do an attachlist, I get every picture in the entire group.

My work around is to use Groups for each gallery instead of Pages, but that's annoying.

--S