[Pmwiki-users] Editing WikiWords

Eric Celeste efc
Wed Mar 24 06:03:44 CST 2004

Greetings, I'm new to PmWiki (about one week in) and find it a terrific and
flexible tool. I hope to roll out a staff intranet based on PmWiki this week
or next.

One thing I would like to do is put a wikilink of this form into my
markup...

    [[Group.PageName?action=edit Edit this section]]

I need this so that I can create sections which are included on other pages
but can still refer to themselves for editing. Because they are included,
the [[$Edit]] variable does not help. It will always refer to the including
page, not the included page.

I've tried this with InlineIncludes, but the links are removed before that
step in processing and not returned until later. I've tried WikiStyles, but
that seems to only apply to attributes in the HTML, not to queries on the
link. It appears to me that this is a LinkPattern task, but I am not at all
sure how to invoke LinkPatterns to recognize this construction. In fact, I
think this may require edits to FmtWikiLink, and that is a bit deep in the
code for me.

Is there some way to accomplish my goal that I've missed?

Thanks,
...Eric

Eric Celeste / 612-624-4126 / efc at umn.edu / http://umn.edu/home/efc
Associate University Librarian for Information Technology
University of Minnesota (Twin Cities) Libraries