[Pmwiki-users] Re: Single-Word WikiWords

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat May 8 12:08:47 CDT 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 11:20:57PM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:

> > Here's another approach that might work:  Instead of maintaining
> > a single page containing the list of disabled WikiWords, how about
> > indicating the disabling via the page itself.
>
> Nice idea.  I see one potential problem, which is that one page (called
> CamelCase) will determine the behaviour for the WikiWord "CamelCase"
> site-wide.

Actually, it's not site-wide, it's only when a WikiWord would result
in a link to that page -- i.e., within the same group.  (or, if the
pagename is the same as a Group name, or if the admin has changed
$WikiWordPagePathFmt to search other groups.)

> styles with %define% .. something like [[wikiwordcount=0 CamelCase]]
> would tell PmWiki that the WikiWord CamelCase should not be linked on
> the current page.  But on other pages, users may feel free to use it
> without problems.
>
> For sitewide or group-wide, perhaps putting that same directive in the
> GroupHeader would do the trick?

There's no site-wide GroupHeader as yet.  But yes, this is another
plausible approach.  One could envision it happening both ways,
with directives to indicate words that *should* be considered links
to pages as well as directives to disable specific words.