[Pmwiki-users] Re: Image alt text

Mattthew Shaylor pmwiki
Wed May 19 03:18:10 CDT 2004

Nils Knappmeier <nk <at> knappi.org> writes:

> I just had the following idea: Usually, what you see on an image does
> not depend on where you put the image. Maybe, one should be able to
> specify the alt-text when uploading the picture. You don't have any
> additional markup then
>
> Nils

That sounds like an inspired idea.  How about using the information in the EXIF
header for jpeg files?  I'm sure there must be an equivalent for png.  The main
problem for the user is that most people won't know how to change this (or even
what it is) so maybe an option on the attach page could be added to update the
EXIF header of the uploaded picture?

Matthew