[Pmwiki-users] installation / upgrades

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Nov 8 09:36:07 CST 2004

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 10:51:29PM +0100, Knut Alboldt wrote:

> On the win-site I've to customize
>   $ScriptUrl  = $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'];
>   $PubDirUrl  = "$wikibaseurl/$pmwikipgmdir/pub";  # has to be set,
> otherwise = php.exe path
>   $EnableLocalConfig = 0;

Why do you have to set $EnableLocalConfig = 0?  And, of course,
you are doing the customization in the local/config.php file?

> If I only unpack the new archive into the old pmwiki-pgm-dir, then old
> files will never be deleted

In general this isn't an issue.

> so I thought what's about separating the own customized stuff completely
> from the basic pmwiki-pgm-dir ?
> something like:
> ...any-prefix-if-wanted/pmwiki/  = basic pmwiki dir
> ...any-prefix-if-wanted/pmwiki/pmwiki.php = call of
> ...any-prefix/pmwiki/pmwikiv2/pmwiki.php (if needed)
> ...any-prefix-if-wanted/pmwiki/pmwiki2/ = basic pmwiki-installation with
> the current dir-structure
> ...any-prefix-if-wanted/pmwiki/user/ = user's local, pub and possible other
> dirs (mayby wiki.d-dirs too)
> [...]

I couldn't follow this upon first reading (maybe I'm just too tired this
morning), but if I can't follow it easily I think it's likely too complex
for others.  Maybe if it were worded more simply or directly, but
having all of the pmwiki's & pmwiki2's just caused me to be totally lost.