[Pmwiki-users] Partial pagenames in URLs

Joe Weaver jew17
Mon Sep 13 06:23:40 CDT 2004

  > 1. Redirect to Example.Example
>       This would prompt with "Describe Example? here."
> 2. Redirect to Example.HomePage
>       This would prompt with "Describe HomePage? here."
> 3. Redirect to Main.Example (a page named "Example" within group "Main")
>       This would prompt with "Describe Example? here."
> 4. Display a page indicating that the page (group?) they specified
>    does not exist, and provide links to either create the new page
>    or search the site
> 5. Redirect to the site's home page defined in $DefaultPage

I'm used to the C2 Wiki, so I was going to chime in for
something like 1-3.  However, option 4 does have the
benefits of helping new users and encouraging piecemeal
growth.  Depending on the server load, would it be
practical to have the wiki return searches for 'pages
you might have meant' too?

I'm thinking of an extended option 4.

A page which:
* Indicates the resource doesn't exist
* Mentions pages/groups the user possibly meant to type
* Provides a search link
* Maybe even displays an edit box, rather than a link
to what's basically an edit box?