[Pmwiki-users] Need a little help with X-Gallery

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Sep 18 10:26:59 CDT 2004

PmWiki 2's algorithms for creating directories and setting file permissions
are a *lot* smarter (I think) than PmWiki 1's.  I should probably see
about backporting the new routines into the 1.x code...

It would really help if people who have installed the 2.0 development
code could let me know if they've run into any difficulties with the
directory permissions.  The standard I'm shooting for:

    1. PmWiki should be able to create and access the files it needs
    2. The account owner should continue to have read/write access to the
       files PmWiki creates
    3. If PmWiki is unable to achieve both #1 and #2, it should provide
       a message telling the administrator what to do to fix the problem

In achieving the above PmWiki 2 still likes to see setgid (2777)
permissions on directories, but only says anything about it if
PmWiki runs into a problem somewhere and still works even if
the administrator can only set 777 permissions.

Pm