[Pmwiki-users] section edits

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Sep 21 14:16:21 CDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 01:06:58PM -0700, Fred Chittenden wrote:
> This sounds like some sort of "blogging" variant, which would be very nice.

It could be used that way, but I'm planning to add a comment/talkback
feature directly into the wiki.  The biggest difference is that one might
want different levels of authorization for "edit page" and "comment".

> As a general comment, I'm not sure if the heading delimiter would be
> powerful enough for possible future expansion and/or uses as one might want
> to add some other commands to sections.

Well, I think it needs to be somewhat "automatic" in that authors shouldn't
*have* to write additional markup in order to enable section edits.
And of course it'd be configurable so that an administrator could choose
what sequences delimit a section--I guess I'm asking for what a good
default would be.

> To make a blog, it would seem one might offer a section "blog command" to
> start up some sort of blog/posting window for blog posts, with blog posts
> being attached to that wiki page section (front or back) with a date stamp.

Yup, this is what I'm heading towards.  I'm trying to decide if comments/
blog replies from the masses should be appended to existing pages, or if
they should create trails of separate pages.