[Pmwiki-users] section edits

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Sep 22 14:50:25 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, 22 September 2004 1:33 PM, Fred Chittenden <drfredc at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Well, I think it needs to be somewhat "automatic" in that authors
>shouldn't
>> *have* to write additional markup in order to enable section edits.
>> And of course it'd be configurable so that an administrator could choose
>> what sequences delimit a section--I guess I'm asking for what a good
>> default would be.>
>
>There might be 'sections' that one wouldn't want to allow editing and
>posting and others you'd allow.   Calling for a blog section wouldn't have
>to be complicated.
> For example
>---------- MyBlogPage ---------
>!*Introduction
>
>No blog posting (section editing) would be provided for in the Introduction
>section, because no blog command is provided.
>
>!* BlogAway <Blog()>
>
>The BlogAway section would be a blog posting section, possibly an included
>"blog file" of BlogAway for that wiki page.  It would be sandwiched after
>the Introduction section and before the Footnote section when displayed.
>The blog command might default to posting at the end, or beginning or as
>set in config.  One might allow folks to customize their Blogs to post at
>the front or end.  (<blog(front)> or <Blog(end)>)
>
>!* Footnote
>
>This footnote section would not have blogging (none is called), and be
>posted at the end of the blog section.
>
>-----------------

If there is going to be a character to designate sections, could we
make it

!#Introduction

The page table of contents recipe uses '#' to tell pmwiki to
create and automatically number an anchor. Using '##' generates
an automatically numbered visible anchor.

These then get picked up in the table of contents generator.

It seems to me that the markup could equally apply to sections
for editing purposes, avoiding another markup character.

Just a thought.

JR
--
John Rankin