[Pmwiki-users] section edits

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Fri Sep 24 08:27:11 CDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 11:56:29AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> My question then becomes -- what should denote a "section"?
> My initial thought is that any heading (down to some level) automatically
> defines a section of editable text, but I'm curious to know if people have
> other ideas.

FWIW, the discussion so far makes me want just headings as the default
section delineators. It feels like the right balance of granularity
and simplicity.

----

Feature idea: when editing a large page with several sections it might
favor the authors to have an easy mechanism for a section to be saved as
its own page.  For instance, use the heading as the page name and only
provide a "save as page" button if the page name doesn't already exist.

I'm not suggesting this as the default, but something to keep in mind
for future cookbook recipes :)

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff