[pmwiki-users] blocklist.php

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 13 00:41:37 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 08:37:15PM -0700, Eric Appleton wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I have another question for you all. I'm using
> blocklist.php to stop spam attacks but it seems like
> it is blocking someone who should be allowed to post.
> He is getting "This post has been blocked by the
> administrator" when he tries to publish.

Are all of his posts being blocked?  And is it just him?

> How should I go about solving this problem? I'm
> worried that I will be open to spam attacks again if
> take blocklist.php down.

> Maybe I can find his IP address and make an exception?
> Is there any way I can do it without knowing his IP?
> He isn't computer savvy, though I guess I could have
> him run IPconfig.

Well, if you have access to your webserver's logs, you may
be able to find his IP address there.  Or you can have  him
go to http://www.whatismyip.com and that will tell him what
his IP address is.  (IPconfig only works if he's not behind
a firewall or other proxy device, while www.whatismyip.com
will generally better indicate how his machine looks to
other hosts on the net.)