[pmwiki-users] blocklist.php

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Thu Apr 14 06:04:06 CDT 2005

I have a modified blocklist.php that I am working on.  Right now it
reports to me in an email whenever a post is blocked -- and it accepts
multiple word phrases (a space in a blocklist term is ignored in the
original -- so "block:no spam" blocks every occurrence of 'no').  I am
holding off adding it to the cookbook because I want to add more
features to the email to make it easier to report for abuse (what URL
they posted to, a tail of the mail log?, the username they used, etc.)
but I sent my modification to PM for him to look at it a week or so
ago.  It has been working beautifully for me.  I can also share the
blocklist itself that I have.  About 1800 entries worth blocking,
although you might want to weed through them.

On Apr 12, 2005, at 11:37 PM, Eric Appleton wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I have another question for you all. I'm using
> blocklist.php to stop spam attacks but it seems like
> it is blocking someone who should be allowed to post.
> He is getting "This post has been blocked by the
> administrator" when he tries to publish.
>
> How should I go about solving this problem? I'm
> worried that I will be open to spam attacks again if
> take blocklist.php down.
>
> Maybe I can find his IP address and make an exception?
> Is there any way I can do it without knowing his IP?
> He isn't computer savvy, though I guess I could have
> him run IPconfig.

Crisses
----
Pandora looks sidelong at Schrödinger, nervous & fidgiting.  In a
sudden move, Pandora runs over and knocks the lid off the box.
All Hell breaks loose -- explosions of color and light, creatures of
many sorts flying and leaping and crawling out of the box, objects,
elementals, elements....all manner of things...
In a few minutes the chaos subsides.
"Well, I guess it wasn't a cat after all..." said Schrödinger,
apparently unmoved.   "It really *was* a whirling mass of probability."
Pandora still hasn't picked her jaw up off the floor.