[pmwiki-users] back to teasers :)

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Apr 15 07:48:48 CDT 2005

from Re: [pmwiki-users] Re: page locations WAS: Re: Re: Re: Is there a
Parse() to Keep()

At 05:11 AM 4/15/2005, chr at home.se wrote:
>When I was looking for the documentation, I did a search first for pages
>containing "MarkupToHTML("  and then for "Keep(". The first didn't give
>any results, whereas the latter gave some. Of those, 'Cookbook.Functions'
>never made me think it'd document internal PmWiki functions... So one
>reason I suggested 'InternalFunctions' was to emphasize that aspect.
>Perhaps 'PmWikiFunctions' would also be good, but see further down.
>
>Anyway, I guess this is a situation where it would have helped if the
>search function resulted in some teaser text for each page and/or the
>paragraph surrounding the keyword.

Ah, yes, the long teaser debate. Did you people reach a conclusion? I
remember Pm was saying he could Cookbook the solution where the first
paragraph of a page can be served after the page name upon using an
argument to pagelist and friends.

How about if the argument gets a value, it's used to determine how long the
string will be.

Example:
(:pagelist group=Machine fmt=include section=#Net chars=50:)

would display:

:pagename1:<first 50 chars in section #Net on pagename1>
:pagename2:<first 50 chars in section #Net on pagename2>

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)