[pmwiki-users] Re: Edit page extensions

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Apr 25 15:02:53 CDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> > Me, I kind of like Christian's "Site" group, but I'm adverse to
> > predefining group names that an author/admin might want to use for
> > some other purpose.

Couldn't the name of the group be taken from a variable, with a suitable
default?

> >  "PmWiki" is probably pretty safe (how many
> > different meanings of "PmWiki" can there be?),

> Um, "configuration of this site" and "PmWiki documentation". Actually
> it's already taken for the latter use, and I wouldn't want to change that...
>
> Maybe PmWikiConfig (no language named "Config" out there *gg*). Though
> that's far too long to suit my taste...

I don't think the length is that important, it's not like you'll be
messing *that* often with pages... How about WikiConfig or SiteConfig?

Anyway, that's not why I replied...

> >> (Is there a write-up of the pros and cons of hierarchical groups
> >> somewhere? I don't want to rehash the old discussion, but I'd be
> >> forced to unless I can reread the old arguments.)
> >
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/HierarchicalGroups
>
> Sorry, my question was based on reading that page and wanting to know more.

I started writing some stuff, but didn't finish it - see here:

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Christian/PageTreeIntro

I can also forward abt 17 posts that I've saved on this topic if you'd
like - that'll save you some effort at least ;-)

/Christian