[pmwiki-users] Re: SpellChecker on Farms

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Sat Apr 30 19:38:14 CDT 2005

On Friday 29 April 2005 20:22, ciaranj at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anyone managed to get my Spell checker script running in a Farm
> environment.  I'm having trouble moving over to one.  It seems that
> firefox is defeating me  as it thinks that attempting to perform the
> spell check is a cross-scripting attack :(
>
> I get 'Uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property
> Window.speller'.
>
> A little bit of investigation leads me to
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/same-origin.html
>
> I've attempted to set this document.domain to the wikifarm's address,
> but a) This doesn't work and b) would be no use to people who's farm
> code is in non-visible areas :(
>
> Anybody got any ideas on how to defeat this, surely its an issue for
> other people too ? :)
> Can I have a field pub directory AND a farm pub directory?
Hi,
I had a similar problem while fine-tuning one cookbook.
If you download this
http://www.insteps.net/pub/downloads/notebook2/notebook2_2.0.14.zip
On /phpmenu/menu.config.php file I have some
/* FARMs/FIELDs Options */
this needs to be changed when choosing between installs.
Though this is not very necessary in all cases.

If you look at the code you would notice that both the values i.e
"field pub directory AND a farm pub directory" can be derived with ease.
In some cases having them set as default in PmWiki is quite redundant.
Hope it would be useful.
Thanks.
V.Krishn