[pmwiki-users] what is the best way to "add pages" to a PITS entry

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Apr 30 16:14:18 CDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 04:44:59PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> Currently there are a couple of PITS entries (358 and 291) that talk about
> enhancements to MailPosts or adding a watchlist feature to PmWiki. I have
> several comments I would like to add to the discussion regarding the
> administrative headaches I have with mailing lists. The comments are
> anecdotal, and don't really propose any solutions - but they do raise
> points that any mailing list manager would want to consider.
>
> Rather than swamp the current PITS entries with this stuff, I would like to
> put it on a page somewhere and insert a reference on the PITS pages. But
> the question I am faced with is "Where?". I hate to utter the phrase, but
> it looks like a good use for sub-pages. Any and all suggestions welcome.

I think these comments can go on the PITS entries themselves, but
lacking that I'd say to just create anectodal pages within the PITS
group itself ro now.  There's nothing that restricts pages in PITS
to only numbered entries.  You can also just create pages like
PITS.00358-Discuss or PITS.00358-Comments; these may end up
integrating well with PmWiki's "comments" feature when it's added.