[pmwiki-users]SEO: Avoiding Headings in the SideBar

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 15 17:38:25 CDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 11:25:43PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Monday, August 15, 2005, 10:39:58 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > In general I don't think it's a good idea to re-use existing
> > markups for a different purpose.  We either create a new one,
> > or define a wikistyle that means what we think it should mean.
>
> good!
>
> != is my favourite for a new side heading markup, with
> !!= for a second level side heading.

Oh, sorry, I had those backwards.  At the moment I'm strongly
in favor of the wikistyle approach as opposed to introducing
a new markup.

> And some thought about sidebar monkey business:
>
> For What Its Worth the sidebar is already full of monkey
> business, when it comes to styling it. It is the most difficult and
> challenging part of the page for a skin designer I think, and asking
> for some special markup handling or special markups for it is not such
> a big thing.

What part(s) do you find difficult/challenging about styling the
sidebar?  It seems to me that it's about the same level of difficulty
regardless of the markup used.