[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Useful default pages (was: Profiles.HomePage)

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Tue Dec 13 12:57:18 CST 2005

> Sounds good. The one exception I can think of right now is if it were
> possible to generate a trail index page dynamically from (:pagelist:).
> I've brought that up for discussion quite a while back, but I can't
> remember what came out of it. The idea would be that you'd like to use the
> result of (:pagelist:) to generate a trail. For instance:
>

> 	SomeTrailIndexPage:
> 		Bla bla .. this is a trail index page.
>
> 		* [[Cool page 1]]
> 		* [[Cool page 2]]
> 		(:comment Now find the rest of the pages automatically:)
> 		(:pagelist weird-trail-tag-or-whatever:)

Hmm, I think this recipe will do what you want:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageListWikiTrail

but you lead me to suggest a new tag called  (:trailist :)
which acts just like pagelist in a page except that trails
know to look for it and insert the output into the list at
the current location?

  This would allow me to have pagelists and traillists mixed
on a trail page.  The pagelists would be ignored when
getting the pages in the trail, but the traillists would be
included.

  Just a crazy thought, :)

 -Martin