[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Useful default pages (was: Profiles.HomePage)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Dec 13 13:23:43 CST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 01:57:18PM -0500, Martin Fick wrote:

> but you lead me to suggest a new tag called  (:trailist :)
> which acts just like pagelist in a page except that trails
> know to look for it and insert the output into the list at
> the current location?
>
>   This would allow me to have pagelists and traillists mixed
> on a trail page.  The pagelists would be ignored when
> getting the pages in the trail, but the traillists would be
> included.

It took me a bit to figure out what "trails know to look for
it" was supposed to mean -- but I think that you're suggesting
that we have a (:traillist:) analog to (:pagelist:), and the ReadTrail
function is able to look for (:traillist:) on a trail index page
and fill in the appropriate items.  Could work, although I think
that grabbing (:pagelist:) would be just as good.  I'm not aware
of many instances where it'd be important to distinguish them.

It also seems like it would not be too difficult to get a

   <<|(:pagelist ...:)|>>

markup to work, although it's not clear to me what should be displayed in
between the two |...|'s for the trail.  Maybe it's just empty in that case,
so that we get

    << PreviousPage | NextPage >>