[pmwiki-users] [O-T] Re: Blog proposal

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Dec 15 15:44:27 CST 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Because as soon someone says "checkbox to add to the default trail
> page", it becomes "drop-down list of available trails to add to"

Ooooh... you read my mind ;-)

> For button-level simplicity, why not just add a GUIButton

That works for me, thanks.

I take it the button would insert the equivalent of

	(:blog PageList:)

which upon save would add the current page to the list of pages on
PageList.

As an alternative and some thinking, it might be better to use categories,
and be able to append pages to the trail that belong to a category via
(:pagelist:). Eh... was this paragraph understandable?

My thinking was that the GUI button would actually insert somethign like

	[[!Cool documentation]]

and the trail page would contain something like:

	* [[Documentation index]]
	* [[Some documentation page]]
	(:some-pagelist-command .. category="Cool documenation":)

regards
/Christian