[pmwiki-users] Change Site.PageHeader on farm /pmwiki/pub/skins/gemini/wikilib.d

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Dec 17 21:25:49 CST 2005

OK, I've got myself boxed out of editing key elements for site wide
pages on the farm:

context:

primary farm installation, used by all field wikis:

/pmwiki/

I just replace this as needed for upgrades. So far so good, it's all
working beautifully. Now, I'm using geminiTwo skin and somehow I lost
my previous configuration for  the header actions and footer
actions... I think I was configuring these in a field wiki before...
then I deleted all skins in all field wikis and installed the latest
Gemini in the farm  /pmwiki/pub/skins/gemini/ And all fields are
picking up this skin. So, this looks all standard. and is working
perfectly. Now I only have to update the skin in one place also...

But now I'm lost... how does one update the Site.PageHeader (in
particular, to add "Print" and "List Group" at the top)

I can go in with my ftp client and dig around.. I see

/pmwiki/pub/gemini/wikilib.d/Site.PageHeader

I'm pretty sure that's the page that needs to be edited.  I'm
thinking "I don't think we should edit that file directly..." So I go
into my browser and do

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/pmwiki/

and I get an access forbidden response, which makes sense... you
don't want wiki hackers messing with the primary farm installation
site, but then how does  admin make changes? where one would expect
to be able to

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/pmwiki/index.php?n=Site.PageHeader?
action=edit

OK, so I think... let's tackle this from one of the fields. There is
no actual file Site.PageHeader in any field, but if I go for it
through a field:

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/banta_wiki/index.php?
n=Site.PageHeader?action=edit

I get a PMWiki Password Required form.. I enter my admin password and
it is not accepted.

OK, I'm stuck :-)

Sivakatirswami