[pmwiki-users] Change Site.PageHeader on farm /pmwiki/pub/skins/gemini/wikilib.d

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Sun Dec 18 02:24:05 CST 2005

Aloha  Sivakatirswami,

 you wrote:
> I just replace this as needed for upgrades. So far so good, it's all
> working beautifully. Now, I'm using geminiTwo skin and somehow I lost
> my previous configuration for  the header actions and footer
> actions...

> But now I'm lost... how does one update the Site.PageHeader (in
> particular, to add "Print" and "List Group" at the top)

I imagine you want to edit Site.PageTopMenu, which is the page holding
the top action links in GeminiTwo. Site.PageHeader holds the site logo
if you use it.

You should be able to edit Site.PageTopMenu in any field, in the same
way you can edit other pages in that group. The group is locked by
default, so setting an admin password in the field's config.php should
get you in. I am not sure why you get stuck at this step. Perhaps you
need to set the admin password for that field?

Doing it this way you would need to do the same for all fields, since
you don't have a farm-wide site group, which all fields use. Do you
expect to have a farm-wide Site group, and run into problems because
you don't have such a group? Just a thought.

But if you have one customised Site.PageTopMenu page you could via ftp
copy it to the farm's pub/skins/gemini/wikilib.d directory,replacing
the default file there. This page then will get picked up by all the
other fields.

If all else fails you could directly edit the file in a text editor.
The page content is all on one line after text=
and you could add the extra code for the links you need.
But this method is not really recommended.
Or I could email you a customised Site.PageTopMenu file.

Best,
~Hans