[pmwiki-users] Re: Skin new requisites

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Dec 30 18:20:56 CST 2005

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 01:13:34AM +0100, Dominique Faure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm about to update my differents skins according to latest PmWiki and
> wanted to know if I wasn't forgetting anything to take care of:
>
> 1. Use the appropriate PageVariables syntax when required instead of
> "php" variables.
> 2. Add rel='nofollow' attributes to any (goggle)bot-irrelevant links.
>
> BTW, Since we have now a PmWiki 2.0 "stable" release for quite a long
> time, shouldn't we have also a related Cookbook-V2 section?

I'm expecting the bulk of recipes from 2.0 to continue to
work in 2.1, so I don't think we need a separate cookbook
section.  (Yes, some recipes designed for 2.1 won't work in 2.0,
but I'm not too worried about keeping separate versions for those.)

Also, the page variable syntax is the preferred syntax in skin templates,
but the older syntax without curlies will continue to work for a very
long time to come.  It's entirely possible the non-curly syntax won't
ever be deprecated; I just think the curlies present a more
consistent view (i.e., easier to understand) of things.