[pmwiki-users] is it possible to convert a UseMod wiki to pmwiki?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 3 15:00:47 CST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 02:59:55PM -0500, Gautam H. Thaker wrote:

> >>I'll be very happy to write up a UseMod -> PmWiki converter, if there
> >>are people who can help me test and debug it.
>
> Should this UseMod->PmWiki converter still be possible I remain very much
> interested in moving my existing WIKI from the UseMod to pmwiki (but doing
> so manually seems way way too hard.) As an estimate, is this something htat
> might be possible to hvae in a few days/weeks/moths? Just curious so I can
> plan best.

I've already got a prototype written and I'm getting ready to publish it.
The only questions I have at the moment are...

1.  How important is it to get subpage markup to link correctly (i.e.,
    links between subpages of the same page)?

2.  How should pages get assigned to a PmWiki-group, since UseMod doesn't
    have groups?

I've already pretty much rejected the idea that a UseMod page and its
subpages end up in their own PmWiki group -- it just doesn't work out.