[pmwiki-users] is it possible to convert a UseMod wiki to pmwiki?

Gautam H. Thaker gthaker at atl.lmco.com
Thu Feb 3 15:03:03 CST 2005

> I've already got a prototype written and I'm getting ready to publish it.
> The only questions I have at the moment are...
>
> 1.  How important is it to get subpage markup to link correctly (i.e.,
>     links between subpages of the same page)?

I am a bit new to wikis (even though our UseMod wiki has grown quite a bit) so I
  do not know what woudl be best, but for me, as far as I can tell, this is not
very important to me. I could hand correct if needed.

> 2.  How should pages get assigned to a PmWiki-group, since UseMod doesn't
>     have groups?

Since i have never used groups, again, not sure what to say, except that why not
put everything is a default group such as "from_usemod" or some such

> I've already pretty much rejected the idea that a UseMod page and its
> subpages end up in their own PmWiki group -- it just doesn't work out.
>
> Pm

Thanks.

Gautam