[pmwiki-users] using PITS as a project manager

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Feb 9 15:20:42 CST 2005

On Wednesday, 9 February 2005 7:59 PM, luca marletta <lucamarle at gmail.com> wrote:

>- in the form must be added the person to assign the bug. I'd putt a
>short list of candidates into configuration files and choose among
>them in the form.
>
>- every bug must have a field for hours spend on it on daily
>basis
>
>- it needs a form to fulfill like this
>
>                       <<week trail here to browse week by week>>
>week 3 (from XX to XXX)
>                   Monday Thursday Wednesday ..... Sunday   total
>person1
>  bug 1          2                 4               4
>     5
>  bug 2          3                 1
>person2
>total
>
>where just hour are the variable to write into the form because person
>are already assigned to the bug in your previous form (must be added
>the assign field)
>everyone would be responsible to change just  his assigned bugs
>without pmwiki must checking authorization
>
>this form when close could be also a report

These are my early thoughts. It looks as if the form would need to
turn input into a wiki table, then take the table apart again to
edit. It would need to populate the table with some data from other
pages. If there are lots of people, you might want a page per person
per week, rather than a page per week. Then each person can run
her or his own time sheets. If you know who the person is, it's fairly
easy to pre-populate the form with a list of assigned tasks. For
example, this could be a list on the person's Profile page.

Or perhaps a table per person, with several tables on each week's page,
with the ability to edit each table separately.

Maybe this should be a general-purpose simple form for editing wiki
tables, applied to the special task of time recording. But this is
not a trivial task.

If it were me, I might look harder for an existing open source solution.
On the other hand, I would love a general-purpose wiki table editor.
I will think about whether it would be possible / easy / desirable
to extend the forms code to support table editing.

Just my 5¢.
--
JR