[Pmwiki-users] Upload Problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Jan 10 20:26:56 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 06:49:10PM -0800, Steven Leite wrote:
> I'm trying to upload files but it keeps saying the password is wrong.
>
> It works on my local system but not on my production server.
>
> I have tried just assigning the password, as in
> $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = 'mypassword';

That probably should be

   $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('mypassword');

if you want the password to be "mypassword".

> I've also tried going on my production server and typing ?action=crypt,
> then enter 'mypassword', copy-and-pasting the encrypted version to my
> config.php, then uploading it to the production server, but that doesn't
> work either.

The results of ?action=crypt don't always port directly across servers;
different servers sometimes use different encryption algorithms.

Is it just upload passwords that aren't working or is it also affecting
edit, attr, etc. passwords?