Wiki-Spammers (was: [Pmwiki-users] pmwiki.org - version 1 - vandalised)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Jan 11 16:09:54 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 11:13:39PM +0100, Steffen Gl?ckselig wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:41:57 +0100, Thomas -Balu- Walter
> <list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de> wrote:
>
> >At around 04:00 this morning I noticed that "bob" once again vandalized
> >my Wikis (old and new one), so I undid his changes... I also locked the
> >old wiki pages by giving an edit password.
> Bob visited two of my Wikis, too. He did not get through. I've been using
> the blacklist-script http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BlackList on
> these wikis for quite some time and with satisfying results.

Just a note that several of us are now using a slightly improved
script at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Blocklist, which can
filter based on IP address as well as let you maintain the words/addresses
to be maintained in (password-protected) wiki pages instead of just
the configuration file.

I do like the idea of mailing the admin with the text or information about
any blocked posts -- maybe I'll add that feature into the Blocklist recipe,
or integrate it somehow with the mailposts.php feature.