[Pmwiki-users] Disabling WikiWords for a page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jan 12 06:32:33 CST 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 12:49:34PM +0000, Hans Bracker wrote:
> > Hi there, is there a nice way to disable specific wikiwords for a particular
> > page, preferably within that page. For example, if I'm writing about
> > OpenOffice, I don't want to to become a link every time. It would be nice to
> > be able to say something like:
> > NoWikiWord:OpenOffice
> > somewhere in the page, rather than manually writing [=OpenOffice=] every time.
>
> I don't know of such a feature, but you can write `OpenOffice rather
> than [=OpenOffice=].

This doesn't answer the original question, but note that a site admin
can also set

   $WikiWordCount['OpenOffice'] = 0;

in a config file.

We could add a directive to de-wikify words within pages.  Or perhaps
we just double the ` so that ``OpenOffice means "don't convert OpenOffice
to a link anywhere after this".  Or maybe we need both, so that WikiWords
can be de-wikified in a GroupHeader.