[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Disabling WikiWords for a page

chr@home.se chr
Wed Jan 12 09:51:02 CST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Neil Herber wrote:

> If a site has de-activated WikiWords by default, I can't see how having
> some words act as WikiWords would cause anything but confusion.

One of my sites has wikiwords deactivated by default (there were simply
way to many exceptions... COM1, COM2, UART1, RX1, TX2...). However, for
some words it would be nice if they could still be treated as wikiword.

Actually, it could be useful to enable linking of a word that isn't
necessarily a wikiword...

Patrick wrote:
> How about
>
>   (:wikiwordcount OpenOffice=0 StarOffice=0 PmWiki=1 HulaHula=1000:)

So maybe that should be generalized to:

	(:wordlinkcount OpenOffice=0 PmWiki=1 HulaHula=1000 Hoops=100:)

where 'Hoops' would automatically become a link to a page called... Hoops.

Not sure I like having to specify a number (1000) for something that
*always* should become a link.. it feels a bit like a hack to me.
(Although I'm sure it'd simply the regexp).

Maybe I'm opening a huge can of worms by suggesting that we could make
arbitrary words become links?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr