[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Disabling WikiWords for a page

chr@home.se chr
Wed Jan 12 14:40:10 CST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Neil Herber wrote:

> At 2005-01-12  05:50 PM +0100, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
> >Maybe I'm opening a huge can of worms by suggesting that we could make
> >arbitrary words become links?
>
> If that is true, then you are just jumping into the can that I opened
> earlier when asking for "permanent" WikiWords.
>
> My current workaround is to have an InterMap entry like this:
> Wikipedia       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki
>
> with markup like this:  Wikipedia:/
>
> so the link URL becomes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Hmm... just to be clear. When I said 'links' above, I meant only that I
wanted certain words to be interpreted as wikiwords (even though they are
not necessarily in "CamelCase"). A word that is interpreted as a link
should then always link to a wiki page with that name. For instance, if I
say that 'SMA' should be interpreted as a wikiword, I want 'SMA' to become
a link to the wikipage 'SMA'.

Does this make it different from what you want? (I suspect so, but I'd
like you to verify that you're looking for something more general).

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr