[pmwiki-users] Re: correction! Re: Make URLs not case sensitive?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Fri Jan 28 23:27:56 CST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> The "surprise" in this approach comes if someone creates the page using
> a URL like .../Main/myphotoshoppage?action=edit, then the stored pagename
> becomes "Main.Myphotoshoppage" and that's what gets displayed in the title
> until a (:title:) directive is set for the page.  Of course,
> [[my Photoshop page]] still links to it correctly (as do all of the
> other case versions), but the default title looks all wrong because of
> how it was initially created.

Um... I think you're wrong here. [[my Photoshop page]] won't link. I
created the page

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Pagenamecases2

and a link such as [[page Namecases 2]] doesn't work.

(Remember, I'm having problems with [[Christian-V40]] because I'd created
it using pmwiki1?)

> But maybe that's just not as big of a potential surprise or confusing
> factor as I fear it will be.

It can be confusing for me at least.

/C