[pmwiki-users] index.php

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 23:17:59 CDT 2005

On 7/20/05, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:
>  Not sure I understand why we should not rename pmwiki.php to index.php (as
> I did :) ). Thus I don't understand why pmwiki just doesn't ship with
> index.php standard.

The reason not to rename pmwiki.php to index.php is because it will
not get replaced automatically when you upgrade.  Instead, create an
index.php with this line:

<?php include('pmwiki.php');

The reason pmwiki shouldn't ship with an index.php (now) is because
people might have another index.php that will get stomped on in an
upgrade.

I like the idea of including a sample one-liner index.php.  Maybe
include a short explanatory comment, like

<?php
## index.php for a PmWiki installation
include('pmwiki.php');

Hagan