[pmwiki-users] index.php

Benjamin Wilson ameen at dausha.net
Thu Jul 21 00:26:27 CDT 2005

We don't overwrite local/config.php because it intrudes on the local
installation. Likewise, overwriting index.php would intrude upon the
local installation. Therefore, we should not overwrite.

I have a few wiki farms going, and I have a way to deftly change from
one version of PmWiki to another that uses index.php. If you overwrite
that file, it will ruin my local setup.

The less intrusive action is to provide sample-index.php. Although,
having three ways of accessing pmwiki (e.g. pmwiki.php, index.php, and
sample-index.php) presents a greater security threat, IMO. I mean, I
only have one PHP script callable by the browser.

Ben