[pmwiki-users] How do I only let authorized users edit pages?

John M. Gabriele john_sips_tea at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 15:49:45 CDT 2005

I've just installed pmwiki and am very impressed. This
is a great project. :)

I've started editing my pages, but want to set up my wiki
so:

Only folks who "register" (not sure what that entails though)
can edit posts -- but only after I authorize them.

I'd like for everyone else (random folks visiting the wiki)
to be able to view the pages.

I looked in local/config.php, and even changed that one
line:

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('ultra_super_secret');

But that doesn't seem to affect anything.

The comments above that line in the config file say:
## You'll probably want to set an administrative password that you
## can use to get into password-protected pages.

but I've got no idea what these "password-protected pages" are.
What are they? What are they good for?

Is there some admin page I can go to, to graphically check checkboxes
of which users can have editing privileges?

I've also looked here:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/InitialSetupTasks
but there's nothing there about what I'm trying to do (which seems
like it'd be pretty common).

Thanks,
---John