[pmwiki-users] fix for bug in userauth recipe for pmwiki

Theron Parlin tparlin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 20:48:41 CDT 2005

I found a bug in the userauth recipe for pmwiki. Everything worked until I
tried to password protect a page. I would enter my password but it kept
returning the password prompt to me, never accepting my password.

The problem is in userauth.php in the CheckPmWikiPassword function, there is
a line that reads:

$_POST['authpw'] = $page_passwd;

It looks like the author was trying to pass the page password to the
PmWikiAuth function in pmwiki.php. This won't work in some environments
(namely php safe mode, which I'm running). I fixed it by changing all
references of "wiki_pw" to "authpw" in userauth.php and removed the line
above from the CheckPmWikiPassword function and all was well.

This one kept me busy for a few hours! :)

-Theron

--
Theron Parlin, Editor and Columnist, tparlin at thoughtmechanics.com --
Subjective Opinions on Political News -- http://www.thoughtmechanics.com