[pmwiki-users] fix for bug in userauth recipe for pmwiki

Patrick Ogay lists at basel-inside.ch
Sun Jul 31 16:11:35 CDT 2005

 >Theron Parlin wrote
 >I found a bug in the userauth recipe for pmwiki. Everything worked
until I tried to password protect a page. I would
 >enter my password but it kept returning the password prompt to me,
never accepting my password.

I upgraded pmwiki to beta51, I had to upgrade userauth from 062 to 0.63
Thanks very much for your hint, I had exactly the same problem!  (might
be because 0.63 uses new pmwiki-auth routine, instead of basicauth)

 >The problem is in userauth.php in the CheckPmWikiPassword function,
there is a line that reads:
 >$_POST['authpw'] = $page_passwd;
 >It looks like the author was trying to pass the page password to the
PmWikiAuth function in pmwiki.php.
 >This won't work in some environments (namely php safe mode, which I'm
running).
 >I fixed it by changing all references of "wiki_pw" to "authpw" in
userauth.php and removed the line
 >above from the CheckPmWikiPassword function and all was well.

I mean, it's not necessary to use wiki_pw and assign it to authpw before
calling pmwikiauth, but I can't see, why it should lead to an
misfunction. I logged  the password $_POST['authpw']  in pmwikiauth and
it's the "correct" value, the correct password in clear text!!!! (as in
the other case too).

 >This one kept me busy for a few hours! :)
seems like a good amusement!  for me too.!!
I'm glad now, your propositon works (not everthing can be understood:-)

I will mention the problem on  cookbook/userauth.
I think, it would be usefull to correct the module too.

regards
Patrick Ogay